Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Hint of Sparkle

Ever have a t-shirt that you want to spruce up?  Well it's unbelievably easy to do so with only a couple of simple items.  Even better, it's extremely affordable to do so too!

Just recently I bought a simple XS guy's t-shirt in heather grey at RW & Co.  It was a clearance item selling at $4.95 plus an extra 30% off.  It ended up costing me a total $3.91 (after the discount and with the 13% taxes that we have in Canada included)!  That's not a bad price considering the original retail price was $29.95 and taxes aren't even included yet.  At a price that low for a great t-shirt with a pocket detail and a unique fabric, I just had to buy more than one.

Of course with an extra t-shirt on hand now, I wanted to lux up my spare shirt with a hint of sparkle.  Since my t-shirt had little flecks of black throughout the fabric, I thought I'd accent the shirt with some black rhinestones. 

Here's What You'll Need:

  • T-shirt with a pocket detail
  • E-6000 Glue
  • Tooth pick
  • Pack of black rhinestones with 3 different sizes (purchased at Dollarama)




Getting Started:

Step 1 - To create a gradient effect with the rhinestones, begin by gluing the largest rhinestones in a solid line across the top of the pocket.  Use the toothpick to transfer a dollop of glue onto the rhinestones before positioning them where you wanted them.




Step 2 - Once you glue about 2 rows with the largest rhinestones, begin scattering some of them randomly on the pocket. 

Step 3 - Finally, glue the medium and the tiniest rhinestones in the empty spaces around the large ones to create the gradient effect.  




The end result turned out really well especially considering how cheap the project was and how little time and effort it took.


  


This Loonies to Lux project cost me $6.17 for the shirt and the rhinestones and only took me about 30 minutes to complete.  I have a feeling that if I wanted to buy a similar shirt, it would cost me over $30 since the original retail price of the t-shirt already cost that much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment