Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Beachy Jewellery

This is a much-delayed post since the summer is over and we’re now into the fall season, but back at the beginning of the summer I really wanted to spend a day at the beach to feel the sand between my toes.  Instead, the closest I got to the beach was staring at a bowl full beautiful sea glass and seashells that I’ve collected over the years.  Since a trio to the beach was nowhere in my near future, I decided to bring a little bit of the beach to me with 2 DIY jewellery projects: stackable stretch bracelets and a long multi-pendant necklace.  I apologize that this post doesn’t provide you with much of a guide about how I made these items, but hopefully it may provide you with my design inspiration for your own projects. 

The stackable stretch bracelet was made using a variety of sea green and turquoise beads (glass & plastic), two sizes of light pink glass beads, three different size pearls, silver coated filler beads, blue crystal spacer beads, 1.0mm stretch jewellery cord, and a dab of E-6000 glue to seal the knotted ends of the cords. 




The long multi-pendant necklace is made from a piece of sea glass and a seashell in my beach collection and cute crystal jewels I had on hand from previous projects.  In order to turn the sea glass and seashell into pendants, I used 1.0mm artistic wire to wrap around the two items. I attached everything together using gold jump rings and my needle nose pliers.




No comments:

Post a Comment